16 October 2023
PCU does SRC Portadown Campus Fresher's Fair
On Friday (13th), Portadown Credit Union had the pleasure of hosting a stand at SRC Portadown Campus Fresher's Fair. This was a great opportunity to highlight the importance of saving to the younger generation and encourage them to open a Credit Union account.
(Pictured: PCU stall at SRC)
Do you work or live in Portadown? You could join too!
How to join:
Adults- 16 years+
Adults can join online or in office (26 Market Street)
You will need:
- Valid photographic ID e.g. passport, driving licence, electoral card
- Valid proof of address (dated within the past 3 months) e.g. Utility bill, Bank or Building Society statement, Letter confirming eligibility to State benefit which is paid into a bank
- Transfer £6 into the account- This £6 covers the annual £1 affiliation fee and the minimum £5 saving balance.
Minor account- 0-15 years old
Minor accounts can ONLY be open in office (26 Market Street).
A Parent or Guardian will need:
- Child's long birth certificate
- Valid photographic ID of the individual opening the account e.g. passport, driving licence, electoral card
- Valid proof of address (dated within the past 3 months) of the individual opening the account e.g. Utility bill, Bank or Building Society statement, Letter confirming eligibility to State benefit which is paid into a bank
What are the benefits of being a Portadown Credit Union member?
- Physical office in town centre to stay
- Online banking via app and website
- Annual dividend and loan interest rebate*
- Free Insurance on savings: Every pound saved up to the age of 55 and not withdrawn, in the event of your death is doubled. This applies to a maximum savings value of £15,000 and is payable to the person you have specified on your form of nomination. Savings made between the ages of 55 and 70 still receive an insurance premium, but the amount that is applied reduces as the member gets older.
- Free Life insurance on loans- Available to any member who is actively in work or is in good health when the loan is granted. All loans must be paid in full before the member’s 85th birthday.
- Free Death benefit insurance- DBI provides £2,000 towards funeral expenses and is paid directly to the funeral director*.
- Online and In office member only giveaways
- Loans up to £60,000* available
- AXA Insurance discount- 15% discount on car and 10% discount on home insurance (+ 10% discount on home insurance if you have a car insurance policy with AXA)
Portadown Credit Union- Your local lender of choice
*Terms and conditions apply. Loans are subject to approval. If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.