19 October 2023
International Credit Union Day 2023 Facebook Giveaway CLOSED
Today is International Credit Union Day!
To mark International Credit Union Day, Portadown Credit Union is giving away £100 to one lucky member on our Facebook page. This money will be automatically deposited in the winners PCU member account.
Members will have to follow the entry steps on the Facebook post. The giveaway is now CLOSED
Congratulations to our winner Emma Nic Eoin
This year marks the 75th anniversary of ICU day where credit unions around the world reflect on the movement's history, promote its achievements, recognise its hard work and share member experiences.
This year, to support the ICU theme of “Celebrating the spirit of the global credit union movement”, credit unions across Ireland will be showcasing how they are “For You, For Community”. Credit unions such as Portadown Credit Union, are there for their members and communities to assist them to build and maintain a brighter financial future for themselves and their families.
Credit unions are unique in the financial sector as not-for-profit financial co-operatives owned by, and operated for, the benefit of members they serve. Strong credit unions make strong communities. Credit unions genuinely care about their members, and put them at the heart of everything they do. At a time when bank branches continue to close in cities, towns and villages, credit unions are committed to maintaining their services within their local communities, and offering that personal, face-to-face service as well as access to digital channels.
Not a member? If you work or live in Portadown and the surrounding towns land, you can join here.
Terms and conditions for Portadown Credit Union social media competitions.
- Employees or Volunteers of Portadown Credit Union may not enter the Promotion. If they do and are chosen, a new winner will be picked.
- The competition is open to Portadown Credit Union members only.
- In addition to being a PCU member, entrants must follow the steps in the post caption for a valid entry.
- The competition will close when the competition post states.
- Late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will be disqualified.
- Winner(s) will be selected at random, from all correct and/or eligible entries received. The winners will be notified via Facebook within 7 days of the closing date. Portadown Credit Union uses an independent website to select winners based on the competition’s rules of entry i.e. like or comment. The draw takes place in the presence of the Marketing Officer and at least one staff or board member.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Facebook is in no way responsible for any aspect of this competition including its fulfilment.
- There is no alternative to the prize and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Portadown Credit Union reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
- If the winner(s) cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or are not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Portadown Credit Union reasonable control, then the Portadown Credit Union reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- Portadown Credit Unions decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- The name and photograph of the winner(s) may be used by Portadown Credit Union and its associated companies for post-event publicity purposes. The winner(s) agree to allow Portadown Credit Union to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
- Prizes must be collected within 30 days of the winner being notified.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.