25 April 2023
*CLOSED* Job Opportunity- Risk and Compliance Officer
Portadown Credit Union are seeking to appoint a Risk and Compliance Officer.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Risk and Compliance Officer will have responsibility for ensuring compliance by the credit union with regulatory, contractual, corporate and industry best practice standards in all aspects of the credit union’s business.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The following reflect the main tasks associated with the position and are not intended to be exhaustive:
1. To devise and implement a risk and compliance system to ensure that all elements of all relevant products and services offered to members by the credit union are being carried out in accordance with relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures, rules and Codes of Practice, and in line with industry best practice.
2. To ensure the requirements of the risk and compliance system are implemented and adhered to on an ongoing basis, and to ensure relevant issues are effectively reported.
3. To produce and provide appropriate management information on a regular basis or as required.
4. To devise, implement and deliver appropriate training programmes for the credit union’s directors, supervisors, committee members, employees and volunteers as required.
5. To monitor changes to legal, regulatory and industry environments on an ongoing basis and assess impact on the business and provide advice and appropriate documentation for the credit union to ensure compliance.
6. To devise internal risk and compliance audit procedures and ensure their implementation.
7. To ensure audit and regulatory recommendations are implemented within the stated deadlines.
8. To produce and present regulatory reports as required.
9. To attend and contribute to meetings as may be directed by the Board.
10. Liaise with the ILCU and the Regulators as necessary and foster and build good relations.
11. To undertake such other reasonable and lawful duties as may be directed from time to time.
We wish you every success in your application.
The closing date for submissions is 4 pm on Tuesday 16th May 2023
Portadown Credit Union- Your local lender of choice